Installing Mozart on Mac OS X PPC
I was trying to install the Mozart Programming System on Mac OS X. The installation instructions on the Mozart website was very cryptic. Googling did not turn up good pointers initially, but I eventually managed to find the information. Here are the steps I followed to get Mozart installed on my Mac OS X (PPC) 10.4.9:
- Download Mozart PPC package, uncompress it and run the .pkg installer. By default this installs to the /usr/local/oz directory
- Download Aquamacs, mount the .dmg image and copy the binary into the Applications folder
- Install GMP. Download the source from GMP website, uncompress it onto the disk, cd into the directory and run the following commands:
gmp-4.2.1$ ./configure --enable-cxx --enable-shared gmp-4.2.1$ make gmp-4.2.1$ make check gmp-4.2.1$ sudo make install
- Create a file named .emacs in your home directory (if it is not there already)
- Add the following lines to .emacs file:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/oz/share/elisp") (require 'oz)
- Add the following lines to the .bash_profile file in your home directory:
export PATH=/usr/local/oz/bin:$PATH export OZEMACS="/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs"
- Open a new command window and start Oz Programming Interface by running the command oz
The above assumes that you have installed Oz at /usr/local/oz and Aquamacs at /Applications directories.