A short video of my alma mater TKM College of Engineering. I met some of my best friends – including my better half – here. At around 3:20 mins, the video shows the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, where I studied. The video (at 4:05 mins) even shows Mrs. Anuja Susan Koshy who taught me digital circuits.
Sweet Memories. 🙂
I am fed up of hearing the contestants saying that they were sick, had sore throat and fever, why make excuses? I feel that people making these excuses should get 50 points reduced from their total score.
I had also noticed this aspect of Idea Star Singer competition where many participants claim to have a sore throat or chest infection. It is irritating for the viewers, but I am wondering if there is another side to this proverbial coin. Monsoon rains are in full swing now in Kerala and the climate is very wet and chilly. Could it be that at least some of those people really have a sore throat.. what say?
StandoutJobs.com posts their recruitment advertisement …. on youtube!
I was trying to install the Mozart Programming System on Mac OS X. The installation instructions on the Mozart website was very cryptic. Googling did not turn up good pointers initially, but I eventually managed to find the information. Here are the steps I followed to get Mozart installed on my Mac OS X (PPC) 10.4.9:
- Download Mozart PPC package, uncompress it and run the .pkg installer. By default this installs to the /usr/local/oz directory
- Download Aquamacs, mount the .dmg image and copy the binary into the Applications folder
- Install GMP. Download the source from GMP website, uncompress it onto the disk, cd into the directory and run the following commands:
gmp-4.2.1$ ./configure --enable-cxx --enable-shared gmp-4.2.1$ make gmp-4.2.1$ make check gmp-4.2.1$ sudo make install
- Create a file named .emacs in your home directory (if it is not there already)
- Add the following lines to .emacs file:
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/oz/share/elisp") (require 'oz)
- Add the following lines to the .bash_profile file in your home directory:
export PATH=/usr/local/oz/bin:$PATH export OZEMACS="/Applications/Aquamacs Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs Emacs"
- Open a new command window and start Oz Programming Interface by running the command oz
The above assumes that you have installed Oz at /usr/local/oz and Aquamacs at /Applications directories.
The logo for Olympics 2012 was announced earlier today and was soundly trashed.
Sebastian Coe introduced the logo with the following blurb:
“This is the vision at the very heart of our brand,” said London 2012 organising committee chairman Seb Coe.
“It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world.
“It is an invitation to take part and be involved.
Sorry Seb; despite all that trash-talk it still looks like a jagged picture. If you think you can do better, BBC invites submissions.